Following is the recipe for Gulab Jamun :
– Milk Powder : 1 cup
– All purpose flour : 2 tsp
– Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
– Suji : 1 tsp
– Ghee : 2 tbsp
– An adequate amount of whole milk to make the dough
Ingredients for the Sugar Syrup :
– Sugar : 2 cup
– Water : 2 cup
– Cardamom : 4 – 5 pieces
– Strands of kesar
– Few drops of lemon
How to make Gulab Jamun:
– Take 1/2 cup of water and Soak the suji in it (to make it soft).
– Take a bowl and mix baking powder, ghee, milk powder and flour.
– Add the Suji in the bowl after draining all the excess water.
– Now mix together by rubbing the mixture between your palms
– To properly mix everything, use your palm and mix the ingredients well, Avoid kneading it.
– Take the mixture and add whole milk in it.
– Take a kitchen towel that is moderately damp. Use it to cover the mixture and keep it aside for around 30 minutes.
– By using your palms, create 18-20 small, smooth balls out of the mixture.
– Heat the oil in a pan and put the balls one by one into it.
– Later you will notice that they will sink to the bottom.
– Shake the pan to prevent the balls from browning.
– The balls will automatically come up when the temperature is correct.
Make sure the oil is not too hot. High temperature will break the gulab jamuns. So adjust the temperature if necessary.
Sugar Syrup :
– Take 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar, mix them well in a bowl.
– Add few strands of Kesar along with 4-5 cardamom pods.
– Heat them well for 5-10 minutes and make sure that the sugar dissolves in the water.
– Avoid overheating the mixture.
– Add few drops of lemon (This will prevent the syrup from solidifying after it cools down).
– Put the freshly prepared hot syrup into a serving dish. Allow it to warm.
-Add your gulab jamuns in this syrup and keep them overnight and eat them the next day.